Dry eyes occur when tears aren’t able to provide adequate moisture.
Symptoms of Dry Eye may include any of the following:-
- Stinging or burning of the eye
- A sandy or gritty feeling as if something is in the eye
- Pain and redness of the eye
- Heavy eyelids
- Tired eyes
- Decreased tolerance of reading or working on the computer.
Who is at risk of Dry Eye?
- 75% of people over 65 are affected
- Females – hormonal changes during pregnancy, menopause or the use of contraceptives.
- Those using medications such as decongestants, antihistamines, antidepressants, acne treatment and blood pressure tablets.
- Those with medical conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, asthma, thyroid disease and other immune diseases.
- Smokers – In addition to dry eyes, smoking has been linked to serious eye problems, including macular degeneration and cataracts.
- Computer users – tend to blink less.
- Contact lens wearers
Treatment of Dry Eye
Talk to your optometrist about treatments for Dry Eye, but there are ways to relieve the discomfort of Dry Eyes at home.
D.E.R.M (Dry Eye Relief Mask for at home moist-heat therapy) – Delivers Soothing natural Relief from Dry Eyes, Allergies, Jet-Lag and sinus Pressure. Using D.E.R.M. with moistened liner increases humidity and helps hydrate eyelids and surrounding skin while soothing dry, tired eyes. Naturally reduce symptoms of allergies, migraines and sinus pressure by placing in a sealable plastic bay and popping into the freezer for 30 minutes – remove mask from bag and place over eyes for 5-7 minutes D.E.R.M Dry Eye Relief Mask
OPTIMEL Manuka Honey drops for mild to severe cases – helps stabilise the surface health of the eye and provide relief from dry eye symptoms such as sore, irritated eyes and eyelids OPTIMEL Manuka Dry Eye Drops
Tea Tree Foaming Facial Cleanser for general eyelid and facial hygiene Tea Tree Foaming Cleanser
Awake with eyes feeling bright, refreshed and hydrated with Nighttime Hydrating Sleep Masks
Soft and flexible, this hydrating mask is made from medical grade silicone and rests inside the orbital bones.
Fitted with an adjustable headband, it gently protects the eyes from drafts and low humidity, creating a moisture-rich environment, relieving dry eye and related conditions.
The mask is hypoallergenic, latex-free and BPA-free. Made in the USA.
Eyeseals™ 4.0 are proven to help relieve dry eyes during rest and sleep. Soft and flexible, they are made of material developed for medical use.
The mask gently rests over the orbital bones, comfortably sheltering dry eyes from drafts, dust, low humidity environments and leaking air from CPAPs. The eyecups are deep enough that eyelashes won’t touch when blinking.
Fitted with an adjustable headband, eyeseals™ 4.0 create a moisture rich environment for the eyes, eyelid and surrounding skin. The masks are hypoallergenic, latex-free and BPA-free. Made in the USA.
Also great for air travel!